You guys, it is another quick step-by-step drawing tutorial! Have you ever wanted to draw a superhero? Now you can, with our easy instructions. Follow us and learn how to draw Tony Stark, or super-famous Iron Man. For those not in the know – we’re talking about a fictional superhero appearing in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Among his most famous appearances are Iron Man (2008), the Avengers (2012), and numerous sequels to these movies. Drawing the Iron Man may be a challenge as he wears a high-tech detailed suit armor to protect himself. In order to draw him correctly, you need to break his figure into a series of simple shapes – that’s why we use a step-by-step method.
What You Need:
- A sheet of paper
- A pencil
- Colored markers, or paints to color your drawing
- Our drawing guide
Step-by-step Guide for Drawing the Iron Man
1. Begin by drawing the initial contours of the main body. First, define the general proportions of the figure. Draw a large oval to form the base outline of the head. The circles and ovals are for his head, torso and shoulders, while the lines are for his hands and feet. Using a bunch of circles, add smaller circles as joints and at the end of hand lines.
Useful tip: use the whole sheet of paper as it is easier to work with a large drawing.
Remember that all the lines should be drawn very lightly as later they are to be erased.
2. Adding some volume. You should focus on portraying the exact body shape. Turn the head oval to the hexagon, to make a helmet later. Hands and hips should be massive and large while the torso should be drawn wider at the top and narrowed to the belt. Use a rectangular shape to make his raised hand look more complicated.
3. Now it’s time to use an eraser. Delete unnecessary lines from your sketch and take note of simple detailing of the Iron Man’s suit focusing on make his look more high-tech. Pay special attention to the joints.
4. Refining the details. The basic picture is already done and now all that is left is making your drawing more real with the help of the details correctly elaborated. First, we add details to the torso drawing all the major muscles of the body. Most of the details should be drawn using straight lines, but pay attention to the rounded shoulders. Draw Iron Man’s eyes with two slanted rectangles and finish the helmet with drawing the mouth, in the form of a rectangle, too.
5. Fill the drawing with the colors. Use the crayons, color markers, or even paints.